FLOing builds news, knowledge and social networking resources for people advancing the free, libre, open source movement in strategically important niches.
We provide users with curated information streams accessible in popular formats: RSS, Facebook, Twitter, email newsletters and short-form video.
We also provide easy ways for people to contribute content to our streams.
As our audience grows, we plan to organize virtual and real-world events that brings people together around specific topics - and ultimately around the broader FLOing mission of “free/libre/open-sourcing everything needed to create an abundance for all people.”
DSONews.org focuses on the rise of digital service organizations (DSOs), which are government units that leverage open source and agile development methodologies to provide technology services to other government agencies and organizations. They are the “tip of the spear” when it comes to reforming government in the 21st century.
- For Government, It’s DSO or Die March 28, 2018
- The Technology Transformation Services launches new job site March 9, 2018
- A new home for the federal plain language community March 9, 2018
- Building a custom draw mode for mapbox-gl-draw March 9, 2018
Municipalist.org focuses on the how political and economic power is shifting from nation-states to cities, regions and transnational networks. A hallmark of this shift is how local governments around the world are teaming up to tackle a wide range of practical problems and build more consensus oriented democratic processes.
- The New Localism: Jeremy Nowak on How Cities Can Thrive in the Age of Populism | PennIUR March 21, 2018
- Berkeley is Turning to the Blockchain for City Funding March 21, 2018
- Intensified cooperation crucial to respond to water local crisis around the world March 21, 2018
- Government isn’t working — so mayors say hire them – POLITICO January 25, 2018